Tis the season! You may send holiday messages to your parents, siblings, and neighbors, but what about your coworkers? Should you send a holiday card to your boss? And if you do, what should it say?
Concern and uncertainty surrounding personal messages in a professional environment are normal. How should you word your message? How much detail should it have? Are there faux pas surrounding particular holidays you may celebrate but your colleagues don’t? Should you get cards for everyone if you get a card for one person?
These are all fair questions.
Generally, holiday greetings and well wishes are considerate and can provide a moral boost while establishing or deepening relationships in the workplace. It’s worth taking the extra time to get personal with your holiday messages to colleagues and bosses during this magical season.
Inclusivity and the Holidays
It should be noted that you can, and should, tailor each holiday message to a specific colleague or manager so that they don’t feel left out or offended if they celebrate Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, or other winter holidays. Avoid sending holiday greetings that exclusively exclaim “Merry Christmas!”—not everyone celebrates Christmas, and it’s important to acknowledge that so that everyone feels included and respected.
10 Simple Holiday Messages for the Workplace
You don’t have write paragraphs to convey your warmest holiday wishes. As long as your message is mindful and meaningful, a sentence or two will do the trick for telling your coworkers you appreciate them this holiday season.
Try these ten holiday greetings in cards and emails with your peers!
- Season’s Greetings! With many good wishes for the holiday season and the coming year.
- Holiday Holidays! Wishing you every happiness this holiday season and throughout the coming year.
- May the magic and the wonder of the holiday season be with you throughout the coming year.
- Warmest greetings of the season and best wishes for happiness in the new year.
- Wishing you all the hope, wonder, and joy that the season can bring! Happy Holidays.
- Wishing you a very happy Holiday season and a wonderful New Year.
- May this beautiful holiday season fill your heart with love, your home with joy, and your life with laughter. Happy holidays! Wishing you and your family love, peace, and happiness!
- May all your sweaters be merry, ugly, and bright! Wishing you lots of love, peace, and happiness. Happy holidays!
- Season’s Greetings! Collaborating with you this year has been a joy and a privilege. Wishing you and yours the happiest of holidays and much prosperity in the New Year.
- Wishing you all the joys of the season and happiness throughout the coming year.
10 Easy Holiday Messages for Your Boss
At the end of the year, we often reflect upon we’re grateful for in our lives. For many working professionals, Near the top of the list for many working professionals is having a rewarding career and a manager that supports them. Season’s greetings are a great place to wish your manager or boss well and thank them for their hard work this year.
When penning a holiday card to your boss or manager this season, try one of these ten easy holiday messages in your cards and gift exchanges.
- Thank you for your guidance and mentorship this past year. Have a happy holiday season!
- I’m so happy that I’ve been able to work and learn alongside you. Wishing you happy holidays and a joyful new year!
- Happy Holidays to an outstanding boss! Working for you has been a joy, and I look forward to all the opportunities and experiences the new year has to offer.
- Happy holidays to a terrific mentor—looking forward to doing great work together in the New Year.
- It is a pleasure to work for a person like you. Thank you for always taking the time to help us work out the best solutions. Wishing you and your family the best of the season and a happy new year!
- Season’s Greetings! Don’t forget to take some time out of your busy days to enjoy the festive cheer of these magical holidays!
- Your vision and leadership are invaluable. Wishing you and yours a holiday season full of joy and happiness!
- Wishing you a joyous holiday season and a prosperous and healthy new year for you and your family.
- Thank you for such vital leadership over the past year. I don’t know where the company would be without you. You’ve earned a relaxing and wonderful holiday surrounded by friends and family. Enjoy!
- Happy Holidays to you and yours! Thank you for your leadership and support over the past year. I hope you get a chance to relax and spend plenty of time with loved ones over the holidays. Wishing you and your family all the best this season and New Year.
Finish with a Personal Touch
When writing holiday messages, it’s important to tailor them to each person for inclusivity, but it’s also a great opportunity to show your colleagues that you’ve been listening! Try to include context clues based on conversations you’ve had throughout the year. If your boss plans to spend the holidays with family, be sure to extend your well-wishes to their loved ones as well. If you know a coworker plans to visit family this season, wish them safe travels. Adding an extra-thoughtful note to your holiday messages will help your greetings shine.
If you enjoyed these holiday articles, you may also enjoy:
5 Ways to Thank Your Back-Office and Support Staff During the Holidays
5 Simple Ways to Give Back Meaningfully in the Holiday Season
About BANKW Staffing
Through its portfolio companies, KBW Financial Staffing & Recruiting, Alexander Technology Group, The Nagler Group, Sales Search Partners, and KNF&T Staffing Resources, BANKW Staffing, LLC is the leading regional provider of temporary and direct-hire staffing services in the areas of finance, accounting, information technology, office and administration, legal, human resources, and sales.
BANKW Staffing companies have received over 100 awards for rapid growth, business excellence, and workplace quality. Recognition includes Inc. 500, Boston Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work” and Business NH Magazine’s “Business of the Year”.
Learn More – https://www.bankwstaffing.com
Please send media requests to email@example.com or contact us directly at 603-637-4500.